Monday, October 15, 2012

Canada Part 2


            You know it’s going well when you both wake up far later than expected and have completely ignored the duties and responsibilities you have for the day. You would much rather just lay in bed not saying anything but just feeling the warm body of the person next to you and then cuddle the day away. Speak of silly things and maybe share stories of your past or something meaningful.
            It was the third time I had spent the night over at Canada’s apartment. He set his alarm the night before for early in the morning yet as we went to sleep I wound up on the side that was next to the alarm clock since that’s the side I prefer to sleep on. It was I who woke up and turned off the alarm when it rang, twice. I looked over and he as asleep and in no rush to wake up or at least snooze the clock himself. I just turned it off all together and went back to sleep pulling him to me, since I like to the big spoon in bed.
            We still have not “sealed the deal” to put it in more G-rated terms. We’re taking that part of the relationship slow. We did though upon on third date that we were to make this “exclusively casual”. Meaning, we aren't going to be dating anyone else as we continue to see each other, but this does not make us boyfriends. No labels, but casual dates with just each other, whether or not sex is involved. I like this route, since I want to see where this can go and I don’t want to feel like I’m cheating on anyone since no one else is going on dates with anyone else. It would be unfair to split my time between two or three different people and making a connection with just one and giving hope to the others when it won’t progress. It’s a waste of their time and mine. It’s merely my opinion, and if playing the field works for you, so be it—go for it, good luck! It’s just never worked out for me.
When I finally opened my eyes it was because I heard him busy himself around the room cleaning and such. It was a little obvious that he was fixing the apartment for anything that was out of place or unclean that he hadn't had time to do the night before. I pretended to still be asleep as I saw him make coffee. He went to the bathroom and I closed my eyes again. When he emerged, he had brushed him teeth, and that’s when I decided to “wake up”. He had put on his underwear and started to rummage around the refrigerator. Meanwhile, I had no idea where I had thrown my clothes the night before until I saw them stacked up on a chair semi-folded in the corner of the room. He asked if I wanted breakfast and off he went getting out bread, eggs and bacon. I could get used to this.
            He knows how to make a good brunch, and it was only Friday, not even the weekend. Since this encounter I had stayed over once more and he made pancakes that time for breakfast. I always volunteer to do the dishes. I need to finally cook for him and have him sit there and look pretty as he tells me all about his day. Yet today, we both didn't worry too much about all we had to do. He has massive reading to do ahead of time in order for him to have free time this up coming weekend since he has three friends visiting. I had work at noon, which I was late for and got to at two in the afternoon instead, though it was okay since it was last day at work.

Until next time, good luck on all your searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment