Sunday, November 25, 2012

Still Looking


            So the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I met up with Canada since I hadn’t seen him since the Friday before. Unfortunately, that Friday night was also out first official fight, with yelling and being a little irrational on both ends. Also due to circumstances the fight happened to take place in front of one of Canada’s good friends in a cab.
            That whole night was kind of a train wreck, except of course dinner when it was just Canada and I alone at an Italian restaurant on Bleeker St. The cluster fuck came afterwards when I was trying to step up a really good friend of mine with one of Canada’s friends. Well, previous plans, miscommunication, early arrivals, late arrivals, and other unexpected guests kind of got in the way of a smooth evening. I won’t share any serious details about the fight out of respect to Canada but we have made up as well as apologizing profusely to Canada’s friend who was more than understanding of the event. I’m really grateful about his whole attitude towards the whole situation.
            Anyway, readers, it’s unfortunate to further announce that this post doesn’t get any happier. Canada and I are no longer seeing each other. It’s not because of the fight we had all because the fight was mainly no one’s fault and due to a lot of unexpected occurrences. US deciding to not see each other romantically, has to do with what Canada is going through personally. He is under a lot of pressure, physically with all his PhD work and emotionally with issues back at home. I know how hard it can be dealing with tough situations at home when you are so far from home and not being able to help or just be there in person. Canada wants to deal with things alone and can’t seem to really put in a lot of time into a relationship when he is being stretched so then already. I understand, yet we will remain friends and continue to hangout from time to time. I wish him well, his family and good luck with all his work.

            So, here I am, back at it. Out there and looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment